Training - TPO
Sri U.Ranjith, Assitant Professor in MBA Dept, to assist the students in career guidance, placement and to liaison with Business Institutions and Industries.
Contact No: 9949744130
Email id: firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com
Training and Placement Cell is an integral part of the institute. The institution has provided complete infrastructure for effective functioning of the cell. The various activities, which are being undertaken regularly are - placement of the students, Entrepreneurship awareness & development programmes, invited lectures of the persons from industry & other institutions, Personality development programmes etc. Training activities are organized throughout the year in an effort towards preparing the prospective students for the campus selection programmes. The cell keeps on inviting various industries and reputed firms for campus recruitment. The cell is sensitized to function all through the year towards generating placement and training opportunities for the students.
The Training and Placement Cell functions with the primary aim of placing students in better companies just before they complete their courses. The Placement & Training cell goes all out to train the students to meet industry expectations. Having an exposure to a good work culture is the beginning of their professional life, guarantees success in all their endeavors. The students trained in this institute are well prepared to handle any responsibility. This belief works as a driving force for us to try and ensure that our students get a better start in their career. We provide our students with the best avenues to utilize their skills by helping them find gainful employment with the best of the engineering firms.
The management of VCET has maintained symbiotic, vibrant and purposeful relationship with Industries across the country over the last TEN years with our sister institution Sri Visvesvaraya Institute of Technology and Science (SVITS). As a result, an impressive placement record has built up, both in terms of percentage of registered students placed, as well as the number of companies visiting the campus. The Placement and Training cell acts as an interface between the students and industries and is dedicated to help the students towards their campus placement and industrial training. The department of Training and Placement, the marketing division of the institute has these following functions and responsibilities
Campus Placement Procedure
- Receives and forwards the feedback pertinent to curriculum improvement from the visiting companies to the faculty, to ensure that the curriculum follows the latest industrial trends.
- Helps every student define his/her career interest through individual expert counseling.
- Makes available updated database and job profile of the companies and thus helps each student analyze and choose company of his interest
- Organizes and coordinates Campus Placement Program, to fulfill its commitment of a job to every aspirant.
- Works towards continuing education for the college employees.
- Motivates students to go for higher studies and guiding them to take competitive exams such as CAT, GATE, TOEFL, GRE, GMAT and IELTS. Organizes a platform to interact with our alumni, which help the students to improve their corporate etiquette and awareness about the organization's expectations.
- Invitations are sent to companies/organizations in the form of brochures with relevant information along with response sheets enquiring about the recruitment details. Soft copies of the brochure and response sheet are also sent.
- The company fills the response sheet and sends it by e-mail/post to the Training and Placement Department, VCET, Patelguda, Ibrahimpatnam.
- Once the details are received, the placement officer and coordinators get in touch with the company and a mutually convenient date is fixed for the Campus Placement process.
- Pickups/ Drops from/ to the railway station, junction, Bus stop or airport can be arranged by college.
- Accommodation/ Food are provided at the institute campus.
- OHP, Slide Projector, LCD, Laptop etc. will be provided for the Pre-Placement Talk.
- Halls will be arranged suitably for the Pre-Placement Talk, Written tests, Group Discussions and Activities and Personal Interviews.
- If a company desires to hold online tests for the candidates, the arrangements will be made in the computer center on prior intimation. Up to 100 students can take up the test at a time.
The travel plans are obtained from the company and the necessary arrangements are made as follows.
The students are trained in a variety of programmes
Industry Institute Programmes - Corporate leaders from leading industries are invited regularly to interact with students. Vital aspects of entrepreneurship are nurtured by the Institute's Entrepreneurship Development Programmes, which train students in business basics, project preparation, business opportunities, working capital management, motivation exercises, and export opportunities.
Various Training Programmes are organized to train the students in the areas of Aptitude, Quantitative Reasoning, Logical Reasoning and Verbal through the Reputed External Training centers and in-house trainers. Technical training programmes are being conducted by Technical experts.
Training through Mock Interviews for students to perform well in the professional interviews as per the expectations of the corporate world. Students are trained in personality development for the recruitment process.
At VCET, we always believe in equipping our students with the right talent and personality to face the industry requirements. Our focus on placement centers on creating new approaches to attract the best from the industry to our campus. The placement cell in our institute is taking care of in-plant training, apprentice training along with placement activities & is headed by Sri U. Ranjith, Assistant Professor in MBA Dept,to assist the students in career guidance, placement and to liaison with Business Institutions and Industries.
We conduct the following Training Programs for enhancing the skills in aspirants
- Personality Development.
- Mock Interviews.
- Communication Skills.
- Soft Skills.
- Interview facing skills.
- Technical Training (C, C++, etc.) for Non-IT branches.
- Aptitude Enhancements.
- Weekly aptitude tests.
- Fundamental Language Skills.
- Computer & Internet Skills.
- Inter-personal skills.